-Here's the story- We met on Sparkpeople.com in October of 2008. We have become eachother's healthy living support through countless email's, text messages, and gchat. Come to find out, we have a lot more in common than just the desire to lose weight and have had the opportunity to become great 'virtual' friends! We are both working towards the main goal of weight loss and overall health and happiness. This is where we document our up's and down's along the way! *If you are stopping by for the first time, please feel free to say hello in the comments section and leave us a link to your blog if you would like! We always enjoy finding new blogs to follow!*

Monday, March 23, 2009

Starting a new week...

So today for the first time EVER, I got up early and did a full workout. I am about as far from a morning person as they come, but I have plans after work today and knew that if I didn't get it done in the am, then it just wouldn't get done at all. I woke up at 5:45, did Jillians frontside video (42 minutes long), showered, and headed to work. It felt sooo good!! It just feels great to know that my workout for the day (after my lunch time walk, of course!) is over, and that my metabolism is boosted for the day. I am planning to do it again tomorrow, and do 45 minutes on the elliptical, but my one concern is lack of energy during the workout. This morning a few minutes before my workout I ate a half of a banana with about .5 T of chunky peanut butter, and during my workout I was slacking in a major major way. I've been researching today on how to help that, but can't seem to find any good answers. Some say eating breakfast before you workout in the morning will make it so that your body is focused on digestion rather than burning calories from your workout, but other sources say NOT eating anything before a morning workout will result in burning muscle rather than fat. What's a girl to do?

Anyway, it feels good to be starting a new fresh week. I've actually been doing really well with exercising for the past 7 days, but my eating has not been as good as it should be. Considering TOM is going to come knocking on my door any day now, I guess I should be happy with that. But of course I know I can do better. It's just about finding the strength to put the cookies down... I always like starting Monday with a clean slate though. Here's to a happy and healthy week!

No comments:

Mallory's Weight Loss

Stephanie's Weight Loss