-Here's the story- We met on Sparkpeople.com in October of 2008. We have become eachother's healthy living support through countless email's, text messages, and gchat. Come to find out, we have a lot more in common than just the desire to lose weight and have had the opportunity to become great 'virtual' friends! We are both working towards the main goal of weight loss and overall health and happiness. This is where we document our up's and down's along the way! *If you are stopping by for the first time, please feel free to say hello in the comments section and leave us a link to your blog if you would like! We always enjoy finding new blogs to follow!*

Monday, July 27, 2009

My weekend funk

"A frog, hopping around the farm, minding his own business, fell right into a pail half-filled with cream. Swimming frantically, he found the sides too steep and too high. Determined not to give up, he continued to struggle. He kicked and squirmed, kicked and squirmed until at last his churning had turned the cream into a block of butter – allowing him to hop right out. He never gave up!" ~sparkpeople.com

This is the story of my weekend, although it doesn't have the happy ending that this did.  I came across this little story in an article about just having to deal with the times that are hard.  This weekend was so hard for me and I don't know why.  My husband related it to our 28 day reminder of being a woman, but I feel like it was much more than that.  I was just overwhelmed and crabby, and to be honest I don't know if I was even being nice.  I was over sensitive to everything, and melodramatic about everything that I wasn't over sensitive to.  

I feel fine today, so now I have the power of hindsight.  All last week I did a great job of exercising and until Friday my eating was great too.  I took a client out for Chinese...and from there I just felt like I lost all control.  I had fast food for supper, then saturday morning i had it again, then we ordered pizza saturday night.  To top it off, Sunday we went to the fair, and I ate like hell AGAIN.

What the hell was I thinking? This is where my frustration is....I know how to do everything right but I don't know how to stop myself once i start.  And then I begin the mental battle of "shoulda coulda woulda" begins. The moral of my story of the weekend is that I have so much to work on and Jillian is right too when she talks about how you have to face your demons to be successful.  I am going to the doctor this week for me pre-employment physical and I have a laundry list of questions for him too.  

Now I am moving on, I will look back to fix it but I'm not going to dwell on it.  

No comments:

Mallory's Weight Loss

Stephanie's Weight Loss