-Here's the story- We met on Sparkpeople.com in October of 2008. We have become eachother's healthy living support through countless email's, text messages, and gchat. Come to find out, we have a lot more in common than just the desire to lose weight and have had the opportunity to become great 'virtual' friends! We are both working towards the main goal of weight loss and overall health and happiness. This is where we document our up's and down's along the way! *If you are stopping by for the first time, please feel free to say hello in the comments section and leave us a link to your blog if you would like! We always enjoy finding new blogs to follow!*

Monday, May 3, 2010

Well I must start by saying how proud I am of Steph, for sticking to blogging AND WOW, even with her injuries, and with me being a horrible blog partner! I don't know why I go through such dry spells with blogging...even when I am doing well in the healthy living department! And not to mention her incredible bikini pictures... I mean... WOW!! I am so proud of that woman!!

So a little update on me. I found myself at 187.8 lbs a couple weeks ago. This was a pretty frustrating realization for me, considering that is 10 lbs HIGHER than what I was the beginning of December. It's really scary to see how fast the pounds can creep back on when you aren't paying full attention.

Anyway, I made an apt. with my gyno to ask for some HELP! I explained to him that I KNOW how to lose weight, but I really struggle with staying on track and staying motivated and keep losing/gaining the same 4 lbs over and over and i'm sick of it! He prescribed me the appetite suppressant Phentermine, and I started it on 4-20-2010. In that first week, I did REALLY well with eating and exercise, and dropped 5.2 lbs. That was very exciting for me! I have never lost that much weight in only 1 week. However, my lovely little friend TOM visited me after that and I am sad to say the next week didn't go so well. But the past is the past, right? It wasn't super horrible, but I could have done better and I know that. I am going to weigh in tomorrow to see the damage, and move forward from there.

A few weeks ago Stephanie and I set a pretty big goal. We decided that we both wanted to be down 20 lbs by July 4. This is when I was weighing 187.8, so I just rounded it up to 188, and I am really looking forward to weighing 168 lbs in July! I am going to make it happen, and I know I can do it.

My exercise routine lately has mostly consisted of 60 minutes on the elliptical most days, as well as playing tennis and hiking or walking with my hubby on other days. This has been working pretty well but I know I really need to focus more on strength training, along with all the cardio. I absolutely LOVE Jillian Michael's 30 day Shred, but I have never stuck with it long enough to see what kind of results it has to offer, so that is going to be my focus for a while. This is my plan for this week:

Monday: 30 day shred, 30 minutes ellip.
Tues: 60 minutes ellip.
Wednesday: Shred, 30 minutes ellip.
Thurs: 60 minutes ellip.
Friday: Some sort of activity with the hubs.
Saturday: Shred.

Sound like a plan?! I thought so :)

Speaking of activities with the hubs... last Monday we thought it would be fun to go for a hike. We live only minutes from the beautiful Wasatch Mountains, and have many many hiking trails at our fingertips. We have really taken that for granted in the past 2 years, and want to get the most out of this area and the beauty that surrounds us while we are here.

So we started up the first trail we came to, and about an hour and a half later reached the end of the trail! It had led us to the most majestic waterfall! It was sooo beautiful and peaceful. It was a pretty tough hike at times, and I kept thinking about how strong my legs felt and how proud I was to be able to do strenuous activities like hiking. There is no way I would have survived this hike 2 years ago, and knowing I have come a long way is such an incredible feeling. When we got back to our car, 2 hours and 22 minutes later, I looked at my heart rate monitor and could NOT believe my eyes! I had burned exactly 1300 calories!! Yes... I may have a long way to go on this path of weightloss and healthy living... but there is no denying I have come a long way!

Edit: Tuesdays weigh in = 180.8 (for a weekly loss of 1.8 lbs! Good for being on tom!)

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Mal that is so great with the hiking, in all this time I didn't know you had mountains in your backyard. and 1300 calories....holy hell that is amazing. Its your turn right now to help me stay motivated ugh...definitely struggling

Mallory's Weight Loss

Stephanie's Weight Loss