-Here's the story- We met on Sparkpeople.com in October of 2008. We have become eachother's healthy living support through countless email's, text messages, and gchat. Come to find out, we have a lot more in common than just the desire to lose weight and have had the opportunity to become great 'virtual' friends! We are both working towards the main goal of weight loss and overall health and happiness. This is where we document our up's and down's along the way! *If you are stopping by for the first time, please feel free to say hello in the comments section and leave us a link to your blog if you would like! We always enjoy finding new blogs to follow!*

Monday, April 5, 2010

WOW #3 Week 1- Here I am

The phantom blogger has returned with vision, motivation, and ready to kick some ass. This wow I can already tell it is going to be some much better, there is more spirit and spunk. Today even the girl next to me was kicking butt and taking names. It was really fun and that hasn't been a word I would have used to describe WOW in a while.

Kristan recommended we journal about the following things to get started with this one. I agree its so much better to start with the goal in mind!!

1. When were you at your peak physical condition?
Surprisingly I would say right now in the last few months I have been at my top physical peak of my entire life. I was always in shape in high school and played a lot of sports, but never in all around good fitness with good eating habits. Generally it was one or the other, but rarely did I sustain doing both.

2. Do you remember how great you felt both mentally and physically?
Yes do, and it is what generally keeps me going. This year I started a new job, am a full time
grad student at UNI, and have been working out at 4:30am since the end of august. Right now
kickboxing has become my prozac, and kept me sane under the pressure. And I feel sexy, lets
be honest, and it feels pretty damn good.

3. What do you have to change about your current habits to attain results like that again?
Right now I have to cut out the excessive carbs, and lower my calories to 1000 to 1200 I hope to
to lose another 25 in this WOW and in order to make a huge change like that I have to keep it
together on the eating and work my ass off.

4. What is your #1 goal for the next 10 weeks?
My main goals for this WOW are continued weight loss, I know it isn't about numbers but when I
started all of this I had a number in the back of my head (150) and I am getting there. I have to
get serious to get the serious results I want. Also, I want to work on being more active outside of
the gym, because that will lead me to developing an overall more active lifestyle and making true
change

5. What are the "solutions" you must stay focused upon in order to attain that goal?
I will not be allowing myself to get dragged into negativity during this WOW, I am going for ME
and only ME. I have a great partner this time, but I will not attribute my success to anyone but
myself. I have all the tools to reach my goals, I just need to use them. This is my mantra for this
WOW, and I will tell it to myself over and over and over if I have to. I need to focus on my own
"personal bank account" because it needs some deposits before I can help others build theirs.

No comments:

Mallory's Weight Loss

Stephanie's Weight Loss