-Here's the story- We met on Sparkpeople.com in October of 2008. We have become eachother's healthy living support through countless email's, text messages, and gchat. Come to find out, we have a lot more in common than just the desire to lose weight and have had the opportunity to become great 'virtual' friends! We are both working towards the main goal of weight loss and overall health and happiness. This is where we document our up's and down's along the way! *If you are stopping by for the first time, please feel free to say hello in the comments section and leave us a link to your blog if you would like! We always enjoy finding new blogs to follow!*

Monday, January 4, 2010

It's been way too long...

OK I'm not going to dwell on how long it's been since I've blogged. Bottom line is: Stephanie suggested that I need to blog, and she is right. So here I am.

I am anti new year's resolution, but this year I do plan on taking up running again (I should be able to get back on the track in 2 weeks, I obviously haven't run or exercised much since the beginning of December). My big plan for the year is to sign up for, and RUN lots and lots of 5k's. Maybe even 10k's! But 5k's for sure. I was finally to the point of being able to run 1 mile without stopping (it took me 12 minutes, but still!) So I am excited to get back to that, as well as get to running 3.1 miles without stopping. I know I can do it!! Little by little I can do it.

I really need to start focusing more on my intake as well. December was just a disaster for me as far as eating well and exercising. I really want to start cooking a lot again, and with my husband being graduated from college finally, he will be home to eat dinner with me every night.

So let me take this time to write out my goals for this MONTH:
#1- Get back to the track in 2 weeks because that's when the Dr. said I will be good to go with running.
#2- Cook at least 3 dinners at home per week and eat the leftovers! I've been going out too much and wasting food, and being lazy with cooking.
#3- Exercise at least 45 minutes, 4 times a week. I've been so lazy for a month, and it's time to get my head back into the game.
#4- Read the daily sparkblog EVERY DAY. As much as I do get burned out on Sparkpeople.com sometimes, it really helps me to read the daily blog.
#5- BRING LUNCH TO WORK.

So those are my 5 goals for this month. I am going to type them up on a word document and print them off and hang them on my fridge, and my wall at work, and write them on my calender. I have a tendency to make goals and forget all about them, but not this time! I will post my progress on this blog throughout the month.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I think that it is so great that you are back on here blogging!! And I agree about cooking more at home, ugh december wasn't the best for me either.

Mallory's Weight Loss

Stephanie's Weight Loss