-Here's the story- We met on Sparkpeople.com in October of 2008. We have become eachother's healthy living support through countless email's, text messages, and gchat. Come to find out, we have a lot more in common than just the desire to lose weight and have had the opportunity to become great 'virtual' friends! We are both working towards the main goal of weight loss and overall health and happiness. This is where we document our up's and down's along the way! *If you are stopping by for the first time, please feel free to say hello in the comments section and leave us a link to your blog if you would like! We always enjoy finding new blogs to follow!*

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Hello world!

Well there's no denying that I've been a horrible blogger lately. The fact is, my blogging desire is completely burned out. I mean really. I even took down my personal blog because I'm just so sick of blogging!! But I guess as far as blogging my weight loss goes, it's just something that I really NEED to do. I just looked back to see the last time I blogged. April 2! Wow that was a month and a half ago!! But reading that post really made me feel motivated. This is the purpose of our blogging. I need to remember to blog not only when I'm doing really well, but when I am struggling too.

I know it's only Wednesday morning, but this week is going great. I've decided to start tracking my calories once again (at sparkpeople.com), and my exercising has been going great too. Monday was such a nice day that after work I went out for a jog/walk! Of course it was mostly a walk, but I was out for 55 minutes and burned 560 calories! And got some nice sun while I was at it. It was great! And last night I did a steady 61 minutes on the elliptical and burned 600 calories. If you factor in my lunch time walks, I'm getting around 900 calories burned in one day. Woohoo!! I feel great and I'm going to keep this up, because I can! When I was dropping big numbers before, I was counting my cals (staying within 1200-1550) and exercising for an hour every day. So I know that's what it takes, and I know I can do it.

I'm heading to Virginia the first week of July to see my best friend. I haven't seen her for 2 years and I'm SO incredibly determined to drop a few more lbs before then. I'm so excited to see her, and I want nothing more than to feel great about myself while we are running around the beach and the malls and everything. My personal goal is to lose 8 lbs by then. I have 5 weeks and I just KNOW I can do it!! I just know I can!

My weigh in right now is 184.2. My previous low was 183.8 (on April 2) and I'm so excited to get there again, and then get well below it as well! Last weekend we went to Idaho to see my family and John and I went shopping. I got 3 pairs of pants! 1 pair of gauchos, 1 capris, and 1 Bermuda shorts. It felt so good to slip into the dressing room, and actually have a pair of pants fit. That rarely happens for me, and so to walk out of that store with 3 pairs of pants that I LOVE felt really amazing. I've lost 23 lbs up to this point, and I'm really proud of myself.

Anyway, I guess that's all for now. I'm feeling really good about things this week, and eating on track and exercising have come easily. I AM going to keep up the momentum!!!

No comments:

Mallory's Weight Loss

Stephanie's Weight Loss